starting Photoshop 5.5. books?

by "Jennifer Piascik" <jpiascik(at)zoo.ufl.edu>

 Date:  Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:33:39 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>  I'm going to start learning Photoshop 5.5 and I was hoping maybe you
>could >suggest some good beginner's books for the absolute novice.  I
>looked on Amazon >and B & N, and it seems like there's a lot of "starter"
>books out there, I'm >wondering which are the best.

hi chris
i'd recommend 'classroom in a book'.  it's very easy to go through - with
hands-on exercises to learn from.  it's great for beginners and i keep my
copy around as a reference too.  plus it's got chapters with tips for
producinig print and web graphics.
good luck!

Jennifer Piascik
Graphic Artist
University of Florida Department of Zoology
392-2459; jpiascik(at)zoo.ufl.edu