Re: [OT Flame] Quotes, Sigs, Ccs...

by "Robin S. Socha" <r.socha(at)control-risks.de>

 Date:  06 Jul 1998 22:41:46 +0200
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
* Noone Special <pfarabee(at)indy.net> writes:

> This post is way off topic, so I will post one message concerning
> it.  I appologize in advanced for any language whoopsies.

Tell me, why did you disobey the reply-to I set to keep responses to
my flame off the list? And then use a killfile to forcefully keep this
thread on the list? ->

> This is the last I will say in the matter.  All your future
> posts will be procmail'd to /dev/null.. you ass.

Somehow, I feel this defeats your purpose...

But now for the business part...

(...)
> I listened to your drivel on the pine-info list for long enough to
> make me unsubscribe to it, and I refuse to tolerate your general
> grumpiness on a group designed to help people who are either just
> starting out, or just want to know how to do that "oh so cool"
> effect they saw on a page the other day. (...)

Read my answer again. It said: RTFM for layers in PS, don't use PSP,
do check the Gimp. Your contribution to this problem was... ?

>> I am subscribed to about 25 MLs, ie I get about 500 mails each
>> day. This is via ISDN and phone bills in Germany are really, really
>> expensive. Therefore, [whine whine whine snip]

> If you are having such a problem with your mail, Robin, try unsubscribing
> to some of the lists you are on.  It isn't the fault of the Internet at
> large that you recieve 500 email messages a day.

Very nice, but honestly, I never whine. And unfortunately, you're
absolutely wrong about the ML part. MLs like the xemacs lists do not
even waste half the amount of bandwidth of the HWG lists, because
they're run and used by pros. All I was asking in my mail was to
limit signatures to the length generally accepted by the netiquette,
not to quote entire messages and use sigdashes (IIRC). The problem
isn't the amount of mails, it's the amount of ignorance, arrogance
and incompetence it takes to produce 3-6 times the necessary volume
by sending cc:s, HTML mail and so on. And your point was...?

So... it's okay to be frustrated. Quite honestly, I felt some kind of
pity for you when you made yourself the laughing stock of both the
developers and the admins on the Pine mailing list. Anyway, thank you
for contributing to this marvellous thread. So far we've had whiners,
copy-cats and lusers. Now we've got a wanna-be saint, too. Strangely
enough, your kind never shows up when it comes to answering questions,
but that's ok, because Ken, Sven and Adam have grown some genuine
interest in HTML graphics all of a sudden.

reply-to set as usual - anyone feel like invoking Godwin?

Robin

--
Robin S. Socha M.A.
Control Risks Ltd. <http://www.crg.com/>