Re: transparency in photoshop 4

by "Robin S. Socha" <robin(at)franck.pc.uni-koeln.de>

 Date:  10 Jun 1998 21:42:45 +0200
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
* Gail Miller <gmiller(at)gatewayone.com> writes:

[various commercial tools that just *don't* do the trick]

> On this subject -- I bought SmartSaver in the hope it would save me
> a lot of grief. It does -- but once an image has been through SS, I
> can't reopen it to make any changes.  PSP says it's "not a valid
> .gif" (or ..jpeg). I'm assuming the trick is to save two versions of
> the image...but is there a better way? My trial-and-error graphic
> technique is using a lot of space on my hard drive.

Take $1.98, buy a Linux CD that has the Gimp <http://www.gimp.org/>
and give the space on your harddrive some *meaning*. Forget Photoshop
unless your're after a real production tool (which you certainly won't
need for web graphics).

Robin

--
Robin S. Socha     Join the Fight: <http://www.enemy.org/>
>How do I get on Usenet?  And once there, where are the women?
You go east North on US31 487.34 miles until you see the big red barn.
That is Usenet.  The women are in the pasture.