Re: Graphics in tables with text

by Jeff Kane <jeffkane(at)pobox.com>

 Date:  Wed, 29 Mar 2000 07:04:21 -0500
 To:  lonna(at)granbury.com,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I am creating a table with a list of items, which link to other pages, and I
>want to put a little animated marble graphic in front of each name.  But
>when I put the graphic ahead of the text in the table it appears above the
>text instead of before the text. ....
>I also used the <pre> tag so the list will retain double spacing... perhaps
this tag is throwing things off?  Any suggestions?

It's probably best not to use the PRE tag. If by double spacing you
mean two spaces (e.g., between two words), you could add the second
space with the non-breaking space tag: &nbsp; .

It sounds like you might be better off placing the graphic in its own cell.

You also, of course, can try using the HSPACE attribute for the IMG tag.

Jeff