Re: Out of Memory Error in Netscape

by Jeff Kane <jeffkane(at)pobox.com>

 Date:  Sat, 1 Apr 2000 10:30:34 -0500
 To:  masutm(at)yahoo.com,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>This page loads perfectly well in Internet Explorer.
>But when I load the same page in Netscape it gives me
>an "Out of Memory" Error.

When an application is launched, it grabs a specified amount of
memory (RAM) for its use. For example, let's say that Netscape is
configured to grab (or reserve) 9 MB of RAM. After the application is
launched, it will have 9 MB in which to function. But maybe that's
not enough. If Netscape is running out of memory, it probably will
either give you a warning, or it may crash (or freeze).

The amount of memory a browser requires depends on various factors:
the application itself, the Web page content being displayed, the
number of browser windows open, the plug-ins installed, etc.. If the
browser does not have sufficient memory, the solution is to
reconfigure it and allot it more RAM. If you need advice on how to do
this, post a message indicating what operating system you're using.

Jeff