Re: EPS format

by Jeff Kane <jeffkane(at)pobox.com>

 Date:  Wed, 17 May 2000 03:20:29 -0400
 To:  khalaan(at)computerpro.com,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Hi all,
>I designed a logo for a company in photoshop, and now they want to put
>the logo on the side of a van that the company owns. The firm that is
>putting the logo print on the truck wants the image in EPS format. I
>have illustrator and would like to convert it to a vector image in
>illustrator. How would I go about doing this? Could I just open the file
>in illustrator and convert it somehow or do I have to make it all over
>again in illustrator?
>Thanks a lot for the input in advance.
>--Jacob LeBeau

Alan--

I agree with the previous comments.

Other thoughts:

(1) It may be easier to simply redraw the image in Illustrator. BTW,
it's probably best to do logos in Illustrator in the first place,
since logos often are resized, both smaller and larger.

(2) Possibly Adobe Streamline would be useful. Check it out at the
Adobe site. I think you can download a fully functional version for a
30-day trial.

Jeff