Re: Visio

by Jeff Kane <jeffkane(at)pobox.com>

 Date:  Wed, 7 Jun 2000 07:56:46 -0400
 To:  terri.galante(at)highmark.com
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>  I can use "Save As" in Visio to save as .jpg or .gif, but I
>get strange results:
>
>If I save as .gif and try to view the document, I get an error stating that
>"there is no viewer for .gif files".
>If I save as .jpg, I get an ENORMOUS document as a result (I am trying to
>save with the resolution set to "printer") - my one 8 1/2 x 11 document
>would take 9 -12 pages to print.

JPEGS

Try saving as a jpeg with more compression (= lower quality but
smaller file size).

GIFS

1. It sounds like your system isn't configured to read GIFS: i.e.,
what application is to be used. What happens if you try to view
another GIF file, not one you created from Visio?
	Try opening the GIF with your Web browser or with another
application that can read GIFS. It sounds like the problem you're
having occurs when you double click on the GIF file. Also, be sure
the files have the proper extension (.gif).

2. Sometimes there's a problem with old software that can read GIF 87
but can't read GIF 89a (newer format), but I don't think that's the
problem here.

3. If Visio isn't saving files in a proper GIF format, you could save
the file in another format (e.g., TIFF if that's available), open the
file in another application (e.g., Photoshop), and then save it as
GIF.

BTW, be sure to indicate the SUBJECT in your message header.

Jeff