RE: PhotoShop - Save for Web

by Jeff Kane <jeffkane(at)pobox.com>

 Date:  Mon, 7 Aug 2000 21:53:27 -0400
 To:  Kate Katzban-Beren <Katekat(at)wi-easterseals.org>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>That's pretty much what I thought (re: the second machine).  I'm still
>wondering why my machine at work, which does have IR installed, still grays
>out the "save for web" auction with certain images.  Are there restrictions
>on images which this function can be used on?

I doubt that the sometime unavailability of Save for Web is related
to ImageReady.

One possibility is that you're working on a Bitmap image. Check Image
menu/Mode and see what's checked. If it's Bitmap, then you won't be
able to Save for Web. In that case, change the mode to Grayscale and
Save for Web will become available.

Jeff