Re: .max

by Leslie(at)wholespace.com

 Date:  Thu, 9 Nov 2000 17:32:17 -0600
 To:  "Ches" <ches(at)io.com>
 Cc:  "hwg-graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Ches--

I'm a Chicago Webgrrl and this topic came up last summer. I have made
a digest of the question and responses, posted below. Btw, responder
one (Angela Levegood) is on the Chicago Webgrrl board, so I assume
her response is reliable. If you have further questions you'd like to
pass along, I would be happy to accommodate.

Leslie

At 10:10 AM -0600 11/9/00, Ches wrote:
>A while ago some one asked what a .max file was and how to convert is.
>Several of us, including myself, came up with several very expensive answers
>and, well, I am embarrassed to say, we were mostly wrong.
>
>Mostly, I say, because while the 3-d cad program does have .max extensions
>it is not the only one that is exclusively using or does it exclusively own
>that extension. Scanners do too. Very cheap kinds. There is not easy way to
>convert the file format to a usable graphical format other than to do a
>screen print of the image off a large monitor at a high res. Just had to do
>it from a client last night. I was able to get it to save as a jpg but at
>the size of 5 inches by 5 inches only. The graphic is 11 by 18 and it needed
>to be full size. The software? PaperPort. Now that I found it I am going to
>investigate into the full line of them and upgrades of the what the scanner
>can handle. The problem is not the software but the client and what they are
>willing to spend in the way of software. :)
>
>Let me know your war stories in this area of cheap scanner software and .max
>extensions!!!  AAA!!!
>
>Sincerely,
>Franchesca Havas
>McKinney, Texas

-

                                                          ::
                                                          ::
   Leslie Berrie :  Wholespace.com
   (e) leslie(at)wholespace.com (t) 312.664.4424 (f) 312.664.4423
                                                          ::
                                                           :::
                                                            ::::
                                                              ::::