Re: Image Styler

by Jeff Kane <jeffkane(at)pobox.com>

 Date:  Sun, 10 Sep 2000 18:42:06 -0400
 To:  "Lonna Poland" <lonna(at)granbury.com>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I think I'm a little out of the loop.  Can anyone tell me what happened to
>Adobe Image Styler?  Someone told me that Image Styler is now part of
>Photoshop 6, but when I read about Photoshop it only said Image Ready was
>integrated in it.
>
>Is Image Styler gone now or is there a way to get a new version of this?  I
>use Image Styler all the time so it would be very disappointing if this
>product was discontinued.  Did Adobe intigrate Image Styler into another
>program?  If so which one?

Lonna,

Adobe dropped ImageStyler.

The company released a new Web graphics application -- LiveMotion --
but did not offer registered users of ImageStyler an upgrade path.

Furthermore, Adobe released LiveMotion at a price of $299, and a
short time later began offering it at $99 (if purchased in
conjunction with an upgrade to Illustrator or Photoshop or GoLive).
Adobe did not offer any rebate to customers who bought in at $299
before the $99 bundle price was announced.

I suggest you take a look at Macromedia's FireWire.

Jeff