Re: Basic Image Information for Beginners - Need a Good Site

by George Park <grpark(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Sun, 30 Jul 2000 16:42:53 -0400
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Sun, 30 Jul 2000 12:37:42 -0700, you wrote:

>Is this friend still in pre-school? That's when I began with
>images. I'm not joking. I really wonder if you want
>information about basic art making or art making on the
>computer or art making for the web?=20

Nope, she's definitely not a pre-schooler.  What I'm looking for is
the fundamentals that I've learned over the years, mostly the hard
way. <g>=20

No, she's not interested in creating drawings but rather working with
scans of photos, techniques etc. on the computer.

Where I can see a good beginning is an explanation of pixels, color
depth, the relation of image size and clarity to these, then
continuing on to some of the basics such as cropping, resizing etc.

Right now, I can see her using the information to understand and
manipulate scans but I wouldn't rule it out at all for her to get into
making her own web page or some amateur web work.=20
--
Regards,
George