Re: Problem

by bower(at)polarnet.com (Will)

 Date:  Fri, 5 Dec 1997 13:28:14 -0900
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
        The AGD Studios message was posted to several different HWG mailing
lists, including hwg-theory, hwg-theory-digest, hwg-graphics, and
hwg-graphics-digest. The hwg-graphics list is intended for "discussions
about the creation, usage, and editing of graphics on the web". The
hwg-theory list is intended for "discussions about the theory of web site
design".
        IMHO, you've done the following:
        1: Ignored the intended discussion focus of each mailing list.
        2: Sent the same message to numerous different lists.
        3: Blatantly displayed the address of your commercial site.
        4: Asked the members of the mailings lists to visit your site, so
they can "learn about a new feature" which has actually been around for
over a year.

        To me, this represents the perfect example of spamming. If you'd
like an honest review of your design, please take your request to the
hwg-critique list, and not here.

                                                     Will Bower, Tech Support
                                                     Soulstone Creative
Concepts