Re: PhotoShop 5 Global Changes

by jdowdell(at)macromedia.com (John Dowdell)

 Date:  Fri, 19 Feb 1999 17:31:28 -0700
 To:  "Graphics,
HWG" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 7:55 AM 2/19/99, Jones, Sharon wrote:
> Does anyone know if I can select all the text items in my graphic and
> globally change the font, color, size, etc.

As Victoria noted, with Photoshop 5's new editable text, you can select
each unrendered text layer and change its attributes manually.

Fireworks 2.0 was announced this week, and should be available quite
soon... it's the first tool I know of where you can search'n'replace on
specific text, fonts, colors URLs. (For instance, you can make any italic
text in the document into bold italic, or change all Times to Garamond, or
only affect type in certain size ranges, etc.)

This can work through the entire document, or through an entire website, or
across a selection of documents... your choice. This graphic
search'n'replace can also be scripted for macro use as well.

jd

Offlist email risks capture by the spam filters! I may not see your