Re: "web-safe" #990000 (is: site check)

by jdowdell(at)macromedia.com (John Dowdell)

 Date:  Wed, 7 Jul 1999 11:48:23 -0700
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 6:51 AM 7/7/99, Jennifer Bowman wrote:
>2. The other pages in the site (http://www.lwc.edu/cec/main.htm,
>http://www.lwc.edu/cec/hef.htm, http://www.lwc.edu/cec/literacy.htm) all
>have a thin gray or black line along the bottom of the page.  I created this
>site with Dreamweaver layers that I converted to a table for 3.0
>compatibility.

As Sherif notes, you have an extra row of 1-pixel table cells at the bottom
of your table. If you'll check your HTML you'll see they're all pointing to
a GIF file on your Mac hard drive. This content can't be rendered by
browsers downloading from the server, so that's why there's a bit of
darkening in that area.

Removing that final table row seems to do the trick here, too.

jd