Re: changing pixel colors

by jdowdell(at)macromedia.com (John Dowdell)

 Date:  Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:57:49 -0700
 To:  "hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 5:44 AM 8/19/99, Scott Rushing wrote:
> ...is there a function in most graphics programs (I have Photoshop,
> PhotoImpact and Fireworks) that would allow me to effectively
> "search and replace" the old color with a new one.

Fireworks does have sitewide search'n'replace of color, text, font or URLs,
but the color control uses Flash's native vector graphics, rather than flat
pre-rendered pixel-based objects.

If you have a scan that you need to color-correct, then Photoshop is great
for that type of task... it has many ways to select and adjust colors in
flat pixel images. Checking through its documentation is the best way to
get familiar with its array of pixel-selection and pixel-modification
techniques.

jd