Re: Director 6.5 movie problem

by jdowdell(at)macromedia.com (John Dowdell)

 Date:  Wed, 21 Oct 1998 13:06:25 -0700
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 3:39 AM 10/21/98, Thierry Botten wrote:
>It seems that if I import a movie (AVI) and directly export it to AVI
>again, the new AVI runs as it should...
>But if I want to add text to it using a second cast member it seems
>that the new AVI just displays the text, while the imported AVI is
>gone... Note: In director all plays well...

I'm not sure if this is connected to web graphics at all... if not, then
the Director areas are likely more fruitful.

Director can export animations as AVI on Windows, or as QuickTime on
Macintosh. It won't export Lingo into video, or other videos into videos,
or other tricks... there's a simple animation export to video, that's all.

Rephrased, don't try to use Director as a video editor... you can create
some video assets there, but it's not designed as an overlay
post-processor.

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Entertainment on the web: http://shockrave.macromedia.com/
Luscious web graphics: http://www.macromedia.com/software/fireworks/