Re: Macromedia Ruling the Net ?

by jdowdell(at)macromedia.com (John Dowdell)

 Date:  Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:31:40 -0700
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:09 AM 1/20/99, W.W.Wilaton wrote:
>we know Macromedia dreamweaver is superior than any other WYSIWYG =
>editor.
>we know Macromedia Flash has no competition.
>we know Macromedia Fireworks is superior than Adobe ImageReady.
>Does all this mean Macromedia ruling the Net??

I think that designers' clients still rule the net.... ;)

(Thanks for the kind words on the tools, though... I hope they're doing the
job for you.)

>Also I would like to know true comparison between ImageReady and =
>Fireworks. Which one is really better? (Please don't be partial)

Fireworks is the fastest way to create web graphics, and animations, and
scripted graphics. The people who are craziest about it are those who do
production-level graphics, where they can't afford wasted time.

ImageReady is more a post-processor for Photoshop files, where you can
animate the position or opacity of layers and then compress the file.

The two tools are really in different leagues... very different scope.

jd

Offlist email risks capture by the spam filters! I may not see your