Re: Bulk conversion

by jdowdell(at)macromedia.com (John Dowdell)

 Date:  Thu, 10 Dec 1998 14:08:06 -0700
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:08 PM 12/8/98, Kent wrote:
> I am looking for a freeware or shareware program that will allow
> me to convert 40 or more BMP files to a reduced size JPG file with
> only the height needing to be constant at 240. Width being proportionate
> to the 240 height.

This is another one of the web graphics tasks that Fireworks makes easy.
Although it's a for-profit software endeavor, you can use the
fully-functioning downloadable version for 30 days as freeware.

Choose "Batch Export" from the File menu, choose the directory of images,
and then set the height field to 240 pixels, the width field to "variable".
Fireworks will then convert the folder's contents, applying the current
compression methods you've set up.

More info and downloads, for either Mac or Win, at
http://www.getfireworks.com/ .

jd

Public discussions have first claim on support time; but private email
is available via Priority Access: http://www.macromedia.com/support/