Re: Fireworks 2

by jdowdell(at)macromedia.com (John Dowdell)

 Date:  Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:39:31 -0700
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:34 PM 10/21/99, Reywob(at)aol.com wrote:
> It sounds to me as if Fireworks is almost like a plugin for
> Dreamweaver... doing the bits that it misses out.

Well, the two *are* tightly integrated with each other, although each
integrates with other tools as well. It may be more useful to remember that
Dreamweaver's output is HTML, while Fireworks exports graphics along with
supporting HTML, though... Fireworks is the graphic tool, Dreamweaver the
HTML platform.

> Just a shame that Macromedia don't do a special rate for students.....!

Sure, that's available... check your campus store, or
http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia/edu/

> Finally, do you know when Dreamweaver3 is due out?.. And is the rumour
> that Fireworks3 will make Flash movies true?   Now that would be great.
> Combine Fireworks and Flash, and you would have and absolutely superb
> program, which PhotoShop could never be better than!

The first news on new versions always appears on the Macromedia website. I
haven't seen any announcements about upcoming versions yet. (Development
usually starts soon after the previous version is shipped, but development
time varies with the project.)

And heck, even at full price from the respective websites, you can get
Fireworks, Flash, _and_ Dreamweaver for less than Photoshop alone. Wouldn't
need to buy another tool to do text-on-a-curve, either.... ;-)

jd