Re: Web Stats

by jdowdell(at)macromedia.com (John Dowdell)

 Date:  Fri, 13 Aug 1999 13:10:01 -0700
 To:  "Graphics - HWG" <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>,
"Techniques - HWG" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
[Followups to HWG Graphics, please.]

At 12:38 PM 8/12/99, Darren Gerbrandt wrote:
> I was looking for more flash tutorial sites and came upon this site
> www.echoecho.com and it gives stats for web browser popularity,
> screen rez (size), screen color depth , what systems are being run
> (OS) and which search engines are being used the most.
> Don't know how accurate it is but it says it's updated Bi-weekly.

The bottom of that page says that the site reprints numbers from
WebSideStory, whose StatMarket numbers have been an item of controvery for
a few months now. Its plugin methodology has particular problems, and is
very different from the range of "can you see it?" tests performed on
consumer focus groups.

jd