Re: Transparent graphic with smoother edges

by jdowdell(at)macromedia.com (John Dowdell)

 Date:  Tue, 2 Mar 1999 16:07:47 -0700
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 3:34 PM 3/2/99, Virginia Blalock wrote:
> I am trying to get a graphic to have edges that are not jagged yet is
> transparent. I use Paint Shop Pro 5.01 and can't seem to make the graphic
> at the following URL look smooth yet not look crappy when transparent.
> http://visions.simplenet.com/test/s1.html

Do you happen to know yet the general background color of the document in
which this will be displayed, Virginia?

Reason I ask is that if there's, say, a tiling background of green leaves,
then using a green background in your imaging program will let the edges of
your artwork antialias to green. You can then drop out the green
background, and the red splotch will appear to antialias to the background
leaves.

I don't know what graphics tool you're using, but many offer a "matte
color" or "canvas color" which can help in this type of task.

Is this along the lines of what you were looking for at all...?

jd

Offlist email risks capture by the spam filters! I may not see your