Re: Fireworks modem speed

by jdowdell(at)macromedia.com (John Dowdell)

 Date:  Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:53:14 -0700
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 1:30 PM 11/10/99, Reywob(at)aol.com wrote:
> On the fireworks export screen they calculate the length of time that
> the graphic will take to download at 28.8bps.  Is there any way of
> changing this? For instance, can I make it calculate the speed a
> 33.6bps modem would take?

No, this is more a rough indicator of how long it might take on a slow
modem. An individual download may take longer or shorter... a lot depends
on the net traffic at that time. It's more an outline than a guarantee.

I usually look at the bytesize myself... the number of kilobytes is a more
objective measure than an estimate of a slow modem. The "number of seconds
at 28.8" is just a rough guide for use at first, that's all.

jd