Re: Making borders in IR/gradients

by jdowdell(at)macromedia.com (John Dowdell)

 Date:  Tue, 6 Apr 1999 18:02:29 -0700
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 5:20 PM 4/6/99, Chris Hawkins wrote:
>I cannot find anything that allows me to make a border or "stroke" and fill
>with color for a border.  This is especially annoying for web graphics, as
>differnt colored-borders I need.  Do you have a fix/ or addons for this?
>(In photoshop/stroke/fill.
>
>Also, is there any way to get a gradient plug in for IR?  I find that also
>annoying that I do 't have it.
>
>Alos, how about feathering a marquee as in Photoshop?

Sorry... ImageReady is more of a post-processor for Photoshop, adding a
little compression and a little animation. It doesn't really stroke, make
gradients, handle sophisticated pixel selections. For that part of the job
you'd buy Photoshop.

For a border in ImageReady, you might try marquee-selecting each edge in
turn and filling it.

For gradients in ImageReady, you might try buying Kai's Power Tools, or
looking for freeware gradient plugins.

(The Fireworks toolset is more self-contained... it goes from
text-on-a-path to JavaScript. Just a different philosophy.)

jd