Re: Shockwave picture puzzle

by jdowdell(at)macromedia.com (John Dowdell)

 Date:  Wed, 8 Mar 2000 17:21:20 -0800
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 6:30 AM 3/8/0, Steve de-Bank wrote:
> I'm not really after making a 'jigsaw' effect, more a
> sliding tile puzzle to put within my site.

Ah, Sam Loyd's "Famous 16 Puzzle" is different than a jigsaw puzzle, true.
I don't know offhand of anyone making customizable 16-puzzle templates
available for free... might be, I just haven't seen such.

> Does the shockwave puzzle maker allow the puzzle to
> be run alone or is it a hyperlink to shockwave.com?

The nice thing about web delivery is that your guest can upload the picture
and see the puzzle immediately, right in the browser... they wouldn't need
to download a standalone application, run the latest virus checks on it,
etc. In-browser work has a safer sandbox.

You can try it for yourself, though, see if it fits your needs:
http:/www.shockwave.com/greetingcards/

Ach, I'm sorry, you're asking for a Shockwave applet someone made that you
can put _in your site_, as your own content, I see. There are a few
archives, Gary Rosenzweig and Steve Bullock's work, particularly:
http://www.clevermedia.com/
http://www.adveract.com/shokbobl/boblist.htm

Do any of these various offerings give you what you wish there...?

jd