Re: Fireworks 3 bug??

by jdowdell(at)macromedia.com (John Dowdell)

 Date:  Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:31:21 -0700
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 1:23 AM 2/10/0, Reywob(at)aol.com wrote:
> When resizing images in Fireworks 3, I find that they are
> shifting on the canvas, so that part of the image is hidden.
> Is this happening to anyone else, and if it is, what's the cure?

fwiw, I haven't a similar symptom presentation from others yet, if that
context is of help. You should expect to be able to resize various things
in Fireworks without incident.

Can you never-ever resize anything as you expect, or is only
some-but-not-all resizings that shift somehow?

Can you make this happen in a new, barebones document? If so, then what are
the minimal 1-2-3 steps I should take to reproduce your procedure?

Two possible scenarios that might possibly match the symptom description:

--  when resizing an image object to non-integer multiples, we might have
sub-pixel positioning to deal with... this would usually not be a visible
shift, however

--  some Wacom drivers have resulted in odd drawing and selection problems
in other applications in the past... I haven't come across reports of this
in any version of Fireworks yet, though

Sorry I don't yet have a firm cause for that symptom presentation, but I'd
like to learn how to make it happen too, thanks.

jd