Lists/groups to help locate specific images?

by Karen Wylie <bleustone(at)hci.net>

 Date:  Tue, 7 Apr 1998 07:35:22 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi everybody

I'm in the process of creating a small site to celebrate a special event in
some friends' lives.  I decided that I would like to include animated gifs
like fireworks and bottles of champagne uncorking (and maybe being poured
into glasses) and some fun things like that.  So I began my search for gifs
like these.

So far, after many, many hours of 'targeted' surfing, I've only found 5
fireworks gifs (all in blue and red) and no animated gifs for the champagne
idea.

But that made me begin to wonder:

Are there any groups or lists for the specific purpose of exchanging images
or helping each other find the images that we're looking for?  For example,
is anyone aware of a group where I could post that I'm looking for
fireworks or champagne animated gifs, and group members could refer me to
specific sites or send images on the subject as attachments to the group?

Then, when someone else in the group posted a need for another type of gif,
maybe I would have information, and could post the site or contribute the
image.

Does anyone here know if this type of image-sharing group exists?

Thanks in advance.

Karen