Re: When designers and html meet

by Kevin Dail <kddm(at)worldnet.att.net>

 Date:  Thu, 28 Oct 1999 02:46:49 +0000
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Hi all,
>I hope this isn't too much off topic, but this list has always been a good
>source of information in the past.
>
>I will be teaching an upcoming Basic HTML class to savvy graphic designers.
>One of the subjects I want to include is "Don'ts When Designing for the
>Web". i.e. print gradients vs. web gradients, image backgrounds in tables,
>and remembering bandwidth. Are there any other examples anyone can suggest
>or some good sources for examples of these types of don'ts?
>
>Thank you for your help,
>Caramel

The first thing that leaps to mind is...never expect the font you want use
to be the font the viewer will see.

Resolution issues are also important. Like...don't use high res (300 dpi)
images on a webpage.

Don't use serif font faces. San-serif is more ledgible on a monitor. I was
taught the opposite for print graphics....

Best Regards,

Kevin John Dail
Art Director, Web Illuminators Inc.,
Web Design, Graphics and Business Solutions
kdail(at)webilluminators.com
http://www.webilluminators.com