Re: pdf killing quality...

by Kurt Foss <kfoss(at)mailbag.com>

 Date:  Sat, 7 Mar 1998 09:22:57 -0600
 To:  hammann(at)vossnet.de,
Mailing List HWG Graphics <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>But now, there popped up just another problem: My client wants to
>publish some catalogues and high-quality-graphics in Adobe pdf-files
>(this format is recommended by him so I can't just choose another
>file-format). So I converted the files and found out that the quality of
>the graphics went down (for not to say there isn't any quality left). It
>looks like I saved the files at highly-compressed jpegs. What have I
>done wrong???? Can I save the quality of the graphics in any way, or is
>pdf just a kind of "qick'n'dirty-preview-solution" only usable for
>text-filesand low-level graphics??

You might also want to ask for some help with such questions on our PDF
list, with some 1500+ Acrobat-savvy subscribers.

   http://emerge.pdfzone.com/resources/lists/

There's also ***EXTRA*** -- our weekly email newsletter and webzine at:

   http://emerge.pdfzone.com/resources/extra/

rgds ~ Kurt