Re: Adobe Illustrator.....why?

by Moira Ashleigh <moira(at)solsticesun.com>

 Date:  Mon, 18 Jan 1999 11:25:17 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Illustrator is a vector program and is used for different things that
Photoshop and ImageReady which are raster programs.

Say you were going to make portfolio pages, Illustrator would be a better
program to do that in. Say you wanted to make a clean circle as an image -
no jaggies - Illustrator would be the better choice. For manipulation of
type into shapes like a wedge of type - again Illustrator.

There are a lot of uses for it, but for me it is not as intuitive a proggy
to work with so I only use it when I really need it.
HTH
Moira

>Can someone who uses Illustrator fill me in on what the big deal is with
>this program?  Is there any advantages about it that make
>it worth keeping on my harddrive?
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

Moira Ashleigh