Re: Fontographer tutorial

by Tamye Riggs <webmaster(at)philsfonts.com>

 Date:  Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:23:09 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
 Cc:  Randy Lewis <randy(at)kapaa.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 6:57 AM -0700 on 1/14/00, hwg-graphics-digest wrote:

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:41:47 -0700
> From: jdowdell(at)macromedia.com (John Dowdell)
> Subject: Re: Fontographer tutorial
>
> At 2:15 AM 1/13/0, Randy Lewis wrote:
> >I'm looking for an on-line or downloadable tutorial for Fontographer
> >(Win95 if it makes any difference). I would appreciate any assistance
> >other than a recommendation to go to the Macromedia Website (I wasted
> >half an hour there already)
>
> Most of the how-to is in the manual itself. I can't recall others who have
> duplicated this content in different words.

There is a great book by Stephen Moye, "Fontographer: Type by Design." It's
the only resource outside of the FOG manual that I know of for learning
more about Fontographer. Unfortunately, it's out of print. The author has
talked about republishing online or in PDF format at some point, but I
don't know if or when this will actually happen.

Check used book stores, especially college and university bookstores. The
book was used in many graphic design and typography courses around the
country. I've also heard it's available in used bookstores outside the US.
I have some people scouting around to try and find copies. Please contact
me privately if you want me to let you know if any copies become available.

Peace, Tamye
Tamye Riggs | Phil's Fonts, Inc.
14605 Sturtevant Road | Silver Spring, MD 20905
tel 800-424-2977 or 301-879-0601 | fax 301-879-0606
mailto:webmaster(at)philsfonts.com | http://www.philsfonts.com