re: web design -- one Photoshop file with everything ???

by Kari Lassila <dafoxx(at)spiretech.com>

 Date:  Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:08:59 -0700
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:44 AM -0700 6/10/99, Darren Gerbrandt wrote:
>Hi L.J.,
>
>Well I've never heard of someone doing that B4. I don't think it's even
>possible.
>
>I could be wrong. I once thought I was wrong before but I was mistaken 8).
>
>I've only got one word to say about this guy... MORON.  If you don't
>adapt, won't adapt and keep up with everyone else you are doomed to
>extinction.

>> Any thoughts on his approach? Ive never heard of anyone using what is
>> essentially an image-editing tool to build a whole site --------------

Actually, all of the designers, me included, at my workplace do our layouts
in Photoshop yet we all must know how to write HTML. Without knowing, at
least, HTML, I'd NEVER call a person a web designer.

Actually, I think the term of "web designer" has developed beyond it's
usage. I like to consider myself a front end web developer due to the fact
I do more than just fancy images and make things pretty. One has to build a
website that is navigatable and user friendly yet while looking good yet
download quickly. There is so much to it than just a simple image or idea.

 Kari Lassila
 http://www.spiretech.com/~dafoxx
 award winning website design and illustration
 member: Seattle Webgrrls, HTML Writers Guild
 " practice random acts of chocolate... "