Re: please comment on text color

by Jeff Kane <jeffkane(at)pobox.com>

 Date:  Tue, 29 Jun 1999 00:34:39 -0400
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org,
Mailcoyote(at)aol.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
I previously was looking at the page in Netscape 4.5 (Mac), where the
blue type was difficult to distinguish from the black background
unless the viewing room was dark.

On my system, when I view the page with IE 4.5 (Mac), the text is a
little more easily read than in Netscape, mostly because it's a
little bigger in IE. Also, the javascript rollover effects appear in
IE but does not appear in Netscape.

When dealing with borderline situations, keep in mind that there are
intrinsic browser differences, plus differences due to changes (a
few) users make in defaults, plus platform differences.
HTML-generated text is generally smaller on a Mac than on a PC. You
may want to take into consideration some of these differences and
allow a margin. I know that compromises your design, but that's the
tradeoff.

--Jeff