Re: Computer Art Books

by Jeff Kane <jeffkane(at)pobox.com>

 Date:  Fri, 9 Jul 1999 17:42:05 -0400
 To:  "Ramon Bartschat" <bartschat(at)goldnet.sk>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
In addition to the advice already offered, go to a large bookstore
and browse in the Art section, which probably has a Design
subsection, and maybe a Typography subsection. You should find
numerous books that cover graphics--not HTML--there. Also, if you're
near a university/college bookstore, you may want to see what books
are used in the relevant art courses.
	Some books are instructional/how to books. Others are
collections of works--e.g., posters, or ads, or business cards, or
logos, etc.--which may give you some ideas.

Among the magazines that may be of interest: Graphis; and Communication Arts.

--Jeff