Re: animated GIF rollover problem

by Jeff Kane <jeffkane(at)pobox.com>

 Date:  Sun, 12 Sep 1999 16:15:56 -0400
 To:  drakaina(at)oion.net
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I've never tried using an animated gif for a rollover, so I can't
speak from experience. But...

Do you have two gifs: a non-animated gif for the noAction state, and
the animated gif for the onMouseOver state?

Is the animation cycle quick enough for the animation to occur with a
typical mouseover?

It might be helpful to test your javascript using another,
non-animated gif. A tiny syntax error can prevent a script from
working, and it would make sense to be sure that the script works
before adding the animation.

If the animation is OK--and the one you posted seems OK, then the
problem probably is with the jasvascript. There's an HWG list for
javascript, and you may want to post a question with a URL, so people
ther could look at the script.

BTW, I don't know what you mean by GIC.

--Jeff