RE: image map blurry?

by Kari Lassila <dafoxx(at)spiretech.com>

 Date:  Wed, 29 Sep 1999 08:47:39 -0700
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Your friend's AOL web viewing preferences are set wrong. Under My Aol
=> Preferences => WWW she needs to de-select the "Use compressed
images" box.

At 11:26 PM +0800 9/29/99, Gary Barber wrote:
>Cheryl
>
>Its not blury on our older screens at 256 or on the mac.  Mind you on the
>very high res crisp screen its a litle tiny bit a microscopic bleeding on
>the letters, but if you can't looking for it you will not see it.
>
>However, like Brian pointed out, have you considered this image as a gif,
>fewer colours, crisper, no nasty AOL jpeg problems.
>
>Just an idea.
>
>Gary
>radharc.
>

> > Hi!
> >
> > I made the graphic on the left side of http://www.parenttoparent.com with
> > photoshop 4.0. I saved it as a jpg at a level 5 quality.
> >

> > I used just a white background and a simple font  to write those
> > words with
> > anti aliasing on
> >
> > It looked great until I uploaded it and now it has small dots all over it,
> > near the words. and my client (on AOL) says it looks blurry! It doesn't
> > look blurry to me, but I can see the little dots
> >
> > Can someone help me?  I need help quick, she is going to be on tv next
> > week! HELP!  :-)

  Kari Lassila
  http://www.spiretech.com/~dafoxx
  award winning web site design and illustration
  member: Seattle Webgrrls, HTML Writers Guild
  "I'm really easy to get along with once you learn to worship me..."