Re: Image Slicing in Image Styler

by Jeff Kane <jeffkane(at)pobox.com>

 Date:  Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:56:47 -0500
 To:  "Lonna Poland" <lonna(at)granbury.com>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Lonna--

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do. It probably would help if
you gave the URL of a site that has something similar to what you
want, etc..

Here's a few thoughts:

(1) If you have ImageReady, you can control where the slices are
made. (If you don't have ImageReady, you can get it by upgrading to
PS 5.5.) You also could do this manually in Photoshop.

(2) You could create a large graphic, slice and dice it, then use the
top parts and left-side parts while throwing away the rest.

(3) You could combine a graphic with a background image. For example,
create a background tile that gives you a stripe down the left side
of the page. Then add a graphic bar at the top, using the same color
as the stripe. They should blend. Then, you can add nav links, either
in HTML text, or as buttons with graphic text and the same background
color, on the left (in front of the background stripe).

The problem with CSS is that it isn't supported by the older browsers.

--Jeff