Re: Signing in ANNE11

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Sat, 5 Feb 2000 10:14:17 -0500
 To:  "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>
 Cc:  <hwg-gutenberg-dtds(at)hwg.org>, <hwg-gutenberg(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
That looks very nice Donna!

I'm copy ing this letter to the lists as it contains some important general
information.

You were right about the DTD, and I have changed the 'official' DTD! This is
exactly what i hoped would happen by doing a pre-release of the Gutenberg
dtd's. All kinds of small problems occur and are caught.

One small point though, the whole idea is for the DTD to be a 'benchmark' so
that all documents that validate against it can be considered to be the
samre type, so if you alter a DTD in future _give it a different name-!!

Even a small alteration like you made makes it a different document type.

We can carry on modifying the DTD (provided all previous documents conform
to it) till our official 'launch', but after our launch, now planned for mid
Feb. we will have to use what we have warts and all! If we find a lot of
errors we can do a minor version in about 3 moths, but I would not want it
to happen more frequently than that.

Frank

PS you document validates against the new 'official' DTD!:>)