Re: parsing

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Sun, 13 Feb 2000 14:28:19 -0000
 To:  <wendover(at)soon.com>,
<hwg-gutenberg(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Arthur (and anyone else struggling with that parser!)

If I understand what you're saying, you're trying to run it over the web,
which was what I tried to do at first.  What you need to do is:

1. Go to the page you referred to
 http://www.hwg.org/opcenter/gutenberg/parser.html ).
2. View the source code.
3. Save that code as an HTML file to your local hard drive.
4. Now open that file locally in your browser, and run it from there.

What you should get now when you run it on an XML file is a message in the
box either saying that the file validates against the DTD you specified in
it, or giving details of the first error the parser finds.  Fix that error,
then run the parser on the file again, and so on until it validates.

Hope that helps, and if I misunderstood the problem you're having, my
apologies! :-)

Regards,
Donna
--