Re: etext error

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:12:28 -0500
 To:  "davey" <davey(at)inx-jp.org>
 Cc:  <hwg-gutenberg(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Davey,

All ampersands have to be changed to &amp; I do this before doing any thing
else. I also check for < and > and convert those to their entities.

if you find an error in the text itself, check it against a copy of the book
if available (Note some of the older texts have archaic spellings, so be
careful!) . If you are SURE it is a transcribing error, change it and make a
note of it in the markup blurb.

Frank