Re: Additional material

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Sun, 2 Apr 2000 12:23:17 -0400
 To:  "Rob Parker" <RobParker(at)access.net.au>,
"Gutenberg list" <hwg-gutenberg(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
If you make the additional changes it is no longer a Gutenberg text, but
that is OK.

Replace the gutblurb with a description of what you have done, and your
sources. It would still be nice to acknowledge the original transcriber
though.

> Should I add this material to my xml markup version? And change the
edition
> information at the start of the document (it currently says "THE
MILLENNIUM
> FULCRUM EDITION 1.7" - my dead-tree copy was a Miniature Edition,
published
> by MacMillan, London 1908 (reprinted 1921))? But should this then become a
> new etext version (ie. lglass19.xxx,

use lglassmod1.xxx

> Query 2a:
> My hard copy also contains some additional material at the end of the
book,
> namely:
> "An Easter Greeting to Every Child Who Loves Alice" (written in the form
of
> a letter), by Lewis Carroll, Easter 1876, and
> "Christmas Greetings" (in the form of a poem), Christmas 1887.
>
> Should I include this material also?

yes

Frank