Re: A couple of layout/style questions

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Sun, 2 Apr 2000 12:35:30 -0400
 To:  "Rob Parker" <RobParker(at)access.net.au>,
"Gutenberg list" <hwg-gutenberg(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
When this is converted to <para></para> elements in my xml markup, it
displays with collapsed white space, thus:
Any suggestions as to how to treat this (preferably as an element for which
I can define a style which includes "center" as an attribute)?

You can use the xml:whitespace="preserve" attribute, although this will
cause problems when you try and validate it with current validators, so just
leave it out or comment it out for the validation!

Frank