Re: opera 4.0 beta 3

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:01:38 -0400
 To:  <wendover(at)soon.com>,
<hwg-gutenberg(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yes!,

>Now the problems.
>Most of the early work that we did will not load into Opera. There are
Parsing
>errors IE does not catch. And problems with our early style sheets.

Can you let me know which files you are having a problem with? We may have
to change the charset declaration (Default is UTF-8). note that I have in
fact changed this on many of the files, i.e all those that choked on the IBM
parser, but sometimes I did not check them on both parsers.

Frank

I am impressed! the browser is very fast and appears to give very good
support for CSS, including the white-space:pre property!! FTR. Here are my
test files

poem,ascart{white-space:pre;}
ascart{font-family:monospace;}

?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="testpre.css"?>
<xdoc>
<poem>
The rain
  in Spain