Re: Project Gutenberg

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 3 Feb 2000 22:52:14 -0000
 To:  "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-gutenberg-dtds(at)hwg.org>, <hwg-gutenberg(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Great - I'll do the Rime of the Ancient Mariner first (it's a lot
shorter!), then go back to the Second Jungle Book if no-one else has nabbed
it in the meantime.  :-)

Apart from adding the "poem" element to the gutbook dtd, the main problem I
could see was that the Second Jungle Book doesn't have parts or chapters in
the normal sense - it consists of several quite separate works, some
stories, some poems, which are simply tied together by the Jungle Book
theme, and I'm unsure how best to mark those up.  It occurred to me that
perhaps an additional child of "book" called "work" might serve, with child
elements "story", "poem", "essay", etc, each of which would have an
appropriate list of child elements from those already in the DTD?  Or have
I missed something that would already serve this purpose?

Regards,
Donna
--
dms(at)zetnet.co.uk