Re: Open eBook Specification

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:50:50 -0500
 To:  <jonblake(at)lw-oasis.org>,
<hwg-gutenberg(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
If you have a look at it you will see that it is a mixture of CSS and XHTML.

 I see no problem with using it, but for our purposes I dont see any
particualar advantages over XHTML.

A book XML can also be used for registering the semantics of a book, and
this specification really does not add to XHTML here.

Also I rather like the idea of seperating structure and style. XML can be
'read' by voice browsers and all of the different kinds of media, where as
as far as i can see eBook is chiefly for print media.

Maybe I am wrong, but that was my first take of the specification.

Frank