Re: hwg talk: gutenberg posts bouncing?

by Carole Anne Gay <carole(at)designs.com>

 Date:  Sat, 21 Jul 2001 13:50:58 -0700
 To:  Melanie <lg-mel(at)trivett.net>,
lg-gutenberg(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  HWG Gutenberg <hwg-gutenberg(at)hwg.org>, "Judith C. Kallos" <webmaster(at)theistudio.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi All,

I believe those were sent by one of my volunteers, sending zip files containing marked up books.  Please forward them
to me.  Why they are going to the list, I'm not sure.  They should be coming to me, instead.

Also, Cara,  can you send me the list of people who are subscribed to that list?  I'd like to know who is on it, and who I
should be adding to it, since I took over the Project.

Thanks,

Carole

7/21/01 12:19:03 PM, Melanie <lg-mel(at)trivett.net> wrote:

>Hello Cara,
>
>> What is the policy for sending the tagged text to the list?
>As far as I know there shouldn't be any posts with attachments making
>it through to any of the lists and this includes MIME/HTML formatted
>mail.  We had a time where a virus got loose on the lists.  One that
>attacked MS mail products so a few members did end up with it since it
>rode piggy back.
>
>Another thing and I can't find the mail on it, was a member receiving
>mail from *(at)hwg.org but the name wasn't anyone connected to HWG.  She
>than did a test and sent mail with her address but the (at)hwg.org
>extension and it ended up in her mailbox.  It was toooooo strange.  I
>believe it was Judi who responded to her.
>
>So I'd say dump those 17 messages.  :-)
>
>Hope that's what you wanted to know.  If not let me know and I can try
>to confuse you another way.  LOL
>
>Melanie Trivett
>HTML Writer's Guild
>List Guide Manager
>lg-manager(at)hwg.org

Carole Gay

HTML Writers Guild Online Education Instructor, HTML and Design Concepts
http://hwg.org/
Director, HTML Writers Guild Gutenberg Project
http://gutenberg.hwg.org/