Re: Open window full screen

by "Srinivasan Ramakrishnan" <srinivar(at)md3.vsnl.net.in>

 Date:  Sat, 1 Jul 2000 12:50:24 +0530
 To:  "Rick Koch" <rrcominc(at)cris.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
IE allows fullscreen, NS doesn't, you will still have the title bar.

Here's a script that I wrote some years back on a dhtml site:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT">
<!--
function myFullscreen(page) {
  window.open('(page +".htm")' ,'myName','width='+ window.screen.width +
',height=' + window.screen.height + ',top=0,left=0,');
}
function mybrowserVer(){
  ver      = parseInt(navigator.appVersion);
  name     = navigator.appName ;
  netscape = (name == "Netscape");
  msie     = (name == "Microsoft Internet Explorer");
  ver4     = (ver == 4);
  wscreen  = window.screen.width;
  hscreen  = window.screen.height;
  if ( msie && ver4 && wscreen >= 800 && hscreen >= 600){
  myFullscreen("sriniscript");}
  else {
  if (netscape && ver4 && wscreen >= 800 && hscreen >= 600){
  myFullscreen("nssriniscript");}
  else{
  if ( msie || netscape && ver4 && wscreen < 800 && hscreen < 600){
  self.location.href = "nonsize.htm"}
  else{
  self.location.href = "other.htm";  }
  }
  }
}
// -->
</SCRIPT>

This opens up the page in fullscreen (the title bar remains), ofcourse if
you want the super kiosk mode the following works only in IE

window.open("blah.html",pageName,"width=...,height=.....etc......,fullscreen
=1);

-Srini