RE: Need resource to understand table width resizing

by "Gina K. Anderson" <gina(at)sitediva.com>

 Date:  Sat, 26 Aug 2000 20:40:11 -0400
 To:  "mlee" <mlee(at)sunflower.com>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Marc,

|Can this list help out with a tables problem?

Ohh, liquid tables :) I'm pretty good at this type of thing, if you can send a
url, or the code and graphics I might be able to help you out. I love getting
liquid tables to do what I want in both browsers. Send the stuff off-list.

Otherwise, you might want to check out some liquid design articles, namely:

http://evolt.org/index.cfm?menu=8&catid=20&cid=2321
http://www.digital-web.com/tutorials/tutorial_1999-10.shtml
http://www.design.ru:8082/ttt/n6.html

Also, I've found in my own liquid table creating that column or rows spans choke
in Netscape. If you can find a way to get rid of them, do so. :) You may have to
totally revamp your sliced images, but if you can get it to work without the
spans, you'll be better off. Another thing is making sure all the empty cells
have *something* in them, if they have to be "blank" put a transparent image in
each empty cell, like a 1x1 pixel image, and size it to the exact height and
width of the cells that are horizontally and vertically in the same line that
contain graphics.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more help :)

Gina