Confused big time..about ColdFusion

by "Phillip Perry" <pperry(at)inter-design.net>

 Date:  Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:27:28 -0400
 To:  <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi,

I have a form that updates ingredients. The first table is where the
specific ingredient is stored for a specific recipe. Something like this...

RecipeIngredientID | RecipeID | IngredientID | Quantity | Comments     |

1			   1		 Potato		3	   cut in pieces
2			   1		 Chicken		1	   cut in small pieces

...etc

Now I'm trying to show the IngredientID column to the user, except that
IngredientID has a relationship with another table called Ingredients (which
stores the actual names). As far as access is concerned the IngredientID in
the table above is a number (The Primary Key for the Ingredients Table), And
everytime I try to display the name of the Ingredient I get the ID number
instead. How do I show the name, instead of the number, plus keep a running
list going for every ingredient they add.

If I'm not explaining right let me know and I'll try to clear it up.

Any help would be appreciated,

Phil