Re: ASP session

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Sun, 13 Oct 2002 19:10:04 -0400
 To:  <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I don't know of a clear way to do what you want here.  If your goal is to
destroy values on a particular page that typically uses session variables,
I'd suggest instead using the request object, since request values get
destroyed as soon as the person types in a new URL on the browser and leaves
the site.

The whole idea behind the session object is to maintain state for the entire
time the user has the browser open or the time that the session is set to
expire, whichever comes first.  The session object isn't designed to respond
in the manner you are wanting.

This doesn't have something to do with pop-ups, does it?  If so, there's a
programmer who handles Time Warner's sites (People magazine, Time, CNN,
etc.) that has achieved the holy grail of pop-up functionality.  It might be
worth investigating if you are interested in a client-side method instead of
server-side scripting.  He leaves his contact info in the source code of his
scripts so you might want to check there.

Mike