RE: Browser's Back button and BASE HREF

by Keith Purtell <kpurtell(at)vantagemed.net>

 Date:  Wed, 16 Feb 2000 18:25:41 -0600
 To:  <ml(at)digitaldaze.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

In the case of several versions of Netscape Enterprise 2.x, it is a
requirement. I've double-checked Netscape's docs. I'll agree if I may change
your wording to "SHOULDN'T have anything to do ..."

> > My problem is that this system disables the Back
> > button on browsers. Is there a JavaScript that
> > will store
>
> What browsers? What operating system? base href does not
> disable the back button on MS Windows-based Internet
> Explorer or Netscape Navigator.

It does this (in my tests) with the IE5 and NN4.7 for Windows, and NN4.7 for
Mac. Here's a URL if you'd like to try it ...  http://www.midwestent.com/

Keith Purtell, Web Designer
VantageMed Corporation